Visas for Temporary Employment

While there are many different visa categories that allow employment in the United States, few law firms invest time to tailor a customized strategy to account for each employer’s needs or each employee’s skills. This cookie-cutter approach to immigration law fails to recognize that the needs of a large multinational employer are often different than those of emerging, small, or even medium sized businesses.

At Goel & Anderson, we have vast experience working with employers of all sizes, and we regularly assist businesses that range from startup ventures to established conglomerates in a wide range of industries. This breadth of experience allows us to customize strategies that take your business practices and needs into account.  

Our services include assisting clients with:

  • Proactive case management to assist companies and recruiters in hiring temporary foreign workers for highly specialized occupations, or others where unique talent or needed skill sets are hard to find;
  • Intracompany transfers, where the right person for the job already works in your international organization;
  • Starting or investing in new business ventures, opening offices abroad, or expanding into emerging markets;
  • Designing international training and employee rotation programs;
  • Managing visa processes for business travel involving short-term international meetings and assignments.

196dreamstime_8364918.jpgWhether your needs are temporary, or whether a temporary visa represents the best path to bridge the period leading to U.S. permanent residence for one or even hundreds of employees, Goel & Anderson listens and develops sophisticated, comprehensive solutions for companies, individual employees, and their family members.

There are several visa classifications that authorize temporary employment for a wide range of workers.  Below are details about several of the most common temporary employment visa classifications, such as:

  • H-1B, E-3, and TN visas for professional and specialty occupations;
  • L-1 visas for intracompany transferees;
  • E-1 and E-2 visas for traders and investors;
  • O-1 visas for individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics;
  • J-1 and H-3 visas for work training programs;
  • H-2A and H-2B visas for seasonal and temporary workers;
  • P-1, P-2, and P-3 visas for performers, athletes, artists, and their groups;
  • Q-1 visas for international cultural exchange programs;
  • R-1 visas for religious workers;
  • F-1 visas for students engaged in curriculum-related practical training; and,
  • B-1 visas for business visitors.

                    We invite you to explore this website and contact us to discuss which options are best suited to your company and its employees.